Purpose of an Area
• To ensure equitable representation of the fellowships member groups to achieve a true informed group conscience at International Service Organization of Sex Addicts Anonymous (ISO) Conferences.
• To maintain a manageable size for the Conference as the fellowship continues to grow to ensure adequate opportunity to discuss issues thoroughly and conduct the business of SAA.
• To allow for business motions coming before the Conference to have a thorough review and debate at the local level prior to the Conference.
• To allow local groups to meet together more readily and frequently than has been previously possible.
• To give more member groups a voice in ISO affairs.
Purpose of an Area Assembly
- An Area Assembly is any convening of the Group Service Representatives (GSR) from a specific Area for the purpose of conducting Area business. While each Area will structure its Area Assemblies as its GSRs choose, each Area is asked to elect and fund a delegate to participate in the SAA International Conference.
- To enhance the capacity of the International Service Organization (ISO) to fulfill its mission: to serve member groups by helping carry the SAA message of recovery to the sex addict who still suffers.
- To allow GSRs to share the Group Conscience of meetings they represent.
- To review and discuss challenges brought to the Assembly by local groups.
- To refine and submit motions for consideration by the larger fellowship at the annual meeting of the SAA Conference.
- To develop an Area Group Conscience on motions approved for consideration by the Conference.
- To provide a platform for the Area's Conference Delegate to report back to the Area on issues and the results of Conference votes from the annual meeting.
- To allow members from the large geographic expanse that is the I-40 Desert Area to connect not only to conduct business but also to connect through fellowship.